Skip to main content

Featured

Sourdough Pizza Crust

      A STAPLE IN MY HOME         YEALDS 4 PIZZAS (SCALE REQUIRED) TIP: BEST TO START EARLY OR NIGHT BEFORE INGREDIENTS:  100 G starter 10 G Salt  375 G WARM WATER  500 G AP FLOUR COMBINE: REST FOR 30 mins after combined with a plastic cover or towel over the bowl. PERFORM STRETCH and FOLDS every 30 MINS for about 2 Hours. (COVER BOWL EACH TIME) Let dough rest until bubbly in WARM area of your house.  Dump onto floured surface & cut into 4 equal pieces. shape all 4 pieces into round dough balls  Place Each Dough Ball into separate dishes (OILED)  Refrigerate.  (DOUGH LASTS 3 DAYS IN FRIDGE) Let dough rest for 1 hour at room temp before baking (VERY IMPORTANT) BAKE AT 500 for 12 - 15 MINS or until nice and GOLDEN on crusts.

The Cocoon

          




  My Oh My Has Time Gone By....

 Hello there dearest friends, I'm happy to welcome you back in with open arms. Grab a coffee and a warm blanket and stay for awhile. 

The last you heard from me I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of our sweet little girl. So sweet and perfect in every way she is. What I didn't know then was that I was also waiting for a great deal of grief that came with so so much bliss. What we hear the most when we hear from new mothers is the longing of getting themselves back once they get lost in the depths of becoming someones mother. We often find ourselves looking into the past, at old pictures and things that we used to relate ourselves with. While I of course have found myself in this position a handful of times and time again, there was something I had not realized. The person I was before I gave life into this world was never going to come back...

 And with a realization as heavy as this came a time of mourning..

I think every mother handles this differently, or not at all. Some may keep searching in the past and grasping for any ounce of familiarity for the sake of preserving a memory. I personally believe they are missing out on one of the most beautiful transformations. Whether they take notice or not they have morphed into exactly what they are meant to become. They are stronger, wiser, and have sacrificed everything for a new purpose. 


      What I realize now that I didn't before is that when I entered my stage of maternity, that I began weaving a cocoon. It's not when you've given birth that you've grown wings either, it's much after. 

                         There is a great deal of triumph you must endure before becoming. 

                It's like someone put something in the drinking water... some day, and quite suddenly you can spread your new found wings and fly. 

                Yet, instead of flying as far and fast as you can, you carry everything that's most dear to you wrapped in those wings and protect it with all you can bare..you hold on.


When I was little I always remembered adults talking about how time seems to fly when you get older, and I have come to witness this recently. It's because once you reach the threshold and you have come to realize how much time you have wasted on such trivial things. Trivial things that were once such a big deal to you. Nothing now. 

You want to be sad about this, but honestly you just don't there's no time for that.

You have two little eyes looking up at you, no expectations yet to cloud their minds.

Just Pure Love.

This is the kind of love that will drive a brand into your heart and spark a motivation to grow into someone better. For you, for them, and for everyone you have yet to meet.

Suddenly your the mom meditating with your child and ordering expensive cups of French hot chocolate, because self care right?

This is my take on Postpartum Depression.

Dear Mamas, you are inspiring everyone around you. You can and will FLY.

Carrot Cake Sweetie


The Book That Healed My Anxious Heart:

Meditation Secrets for Women



Comments

Popular Posts