Skip to main content

Featured

Sourdough Pizza Crust

      A STAPLE IN MY HOME         YEALDS 4 PIZZAS (SCALE REQUIRED) TIP: BEST TO START EARLY OR NIGHT BEFORE INGREDIENTS:  100 G starter 10 G Salt  375 G WARM WATER  500 G AP FLOUR COMBINE: REST FOR 30 mins after combined with a plastic cover or towel over the bowl. PERFORM STRETCH and FOLDS every 30 MINS for about 2 Hours. (COVER BOWL EACH TIME) Let dough rest until bubbly in WARM area of your house.  Dump onto floured surface & cut into 4 equal pieces. shape all 4 pieces into round dough balls  Place Each Dough Ball into separate dishes (OILED)  Refrigerate.  (DOUGH LASTS 3 DAYS IN FRIDGE) Let dough rest for 1 hour at room temp before baking (VERY IMPORTANT) BAKE AT 500 for 12 - 15 MINS or until nice and GOLDEN on crusts.

Vulnerability

 Vulnerability








“Hush now. Listen to these words as I guide you through this practice... “ *a static silent siren pierces through the air* I cling on to my knees and can’t stop touching my face. Sweat drips down my temple and my heart thrashes over and over against my chest. How is it that you have found me again? I drive as far as I can away from you, and I run as fast as my heels allow me. I lock all of the doors behind me and I stay tucked away under thick blankets. Yet here you are to find me once more.. cornered. You have hunted me down and tried tapping on my shoulder once again. How much enjoyment do you receive by committing to my restless vulnerability? Just know this and know this well.. for you do not have me just because I have you. You are not welcome in even my heart of hearts though you still visit from time to time. I have grown tiresome of your presence and I can and will defeat your interests.
With good Intent,
An anxious body


Managing Anxiety

If there is one thing I have learned about anxiety it's that there is no cure for it. It's something that travels with you each and every day. There are plenty of practices out there for how to manage and control your anxiety levels. If I had the perfect solution, I would share it with you! Sadly I only have the embodiment of knowledge that I have managed to carry throughout the years. As a highly sensitive person, it is easy to be shifted by the people and the world around us. Never knowing that we take home all of the burdens we encounter each and every single day, whether those burdens are ours or not.



- then the big thump happens-


When our nerves start jolting and our hearts start fluttering all of this causes our brains to hit the pannic button! How can I coax myself through a panic attack?


What to Do During a Panic Attack

What I have learned about my own shortcomings with anxiety is that I sometimes allow my thoughts to win. The first thought that is usually signaled in my head is that I am about to die, due to the fact I have zero control over my body. The key is that you still have control over your mind.

Think about this...
- Can I still wiggle my toes? How many of my toes can I wiggle...Maybe I should count them
- How is my breathing? Am I sitting up straight...or am I crouched over making it more difficult on my airways to take deep breaths more mindfully.
- This is familiar....remember? This happens from time to time..it will pass and it will be over soon.
- Look at that picture on the wall over there, where did I get it from? What does it remind me of?


You get the idea! Just allow yourself to win over your thoughts, and not your anxiety!

What To Do When Your With Someone having an Anxiety Attack

There is a very important thing to remember when you are around someone having an anxiety attack and that is to remain calm! Try your best not to ask any questions that are triggering and keep the tone of your voice soothing. Try to get them to focus on your voice or something in front of them and assure them that you are there with them and stay grounded. It can be alarming to someone that has not experienced someone going through an anxiety attack first hand. You will feel helpless, but follow those tips and you have already won half the battle!





The important thing to keep in mind is that everyone has anxiety and it is not a contest of who has it the worst. Life is short and can be taxing at times. We have more control over our thoughts than we realize. What we worry about on a daily basis contributes to our nervous system having a future meltdown. The best way to manage your anxiety , starts with the way you think... Just remember that you have anxiety, but it doesn't have you.


Your anxious friend,
Carrot Cake Sweetie





Comments

Popular Posts